Follow this blog by Email

Monday, February 27, 2012

Tied up a couple of frog popper flies the other day. 
Got some pretty cool effects with the Clear Cure Goo on the above it bubbled up and gave the appearance 
of warts. What I used for the bodies was some styra-foam bobbers ( orange on the top white on the bottom) the type you peg on your line. I cut them in half on the diagonal and went from there.

The weed guards are in a style I learned a couple of Weekends ago at the Fly Fishing Show in Raleigh. Bob Clouser was there and I attended his tying session. this was how he does his weed guard on foam head poppers. He pokes two holes in the head at a angle that is right over the hook point and super glues the mono in . Works pretty good.

They came out pretty good. Have to take them out and try them soon. Still think its a little early for bass on top water flies yet.
Will post when I get to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment