Friday, August 17, 2012

I have been lazy with this blog for awhile. The hot summer has taken its toll . But back on track now, I hope for awhile. The heat has subsided into the mid 90's so I got back out in the garden . I am starting the process of leveling the spot for my green house . This is a little bit of a challenge since I have such a slope in the back yard.
The green house is going to be where my old raised beds were, so had to tear them out. As you can see they were about to fall apart anyway. They had been there close to 5 years .
Old raised beds , they were ready to go.
I decided to go with a 4x4 foundation and will use gravel for the floor. Here you can see the 4X4 frame and how the slope of the yard is keeping this interesting.

Entrance will be here. Probably go with flower bed on each side of they walk way to the door.
The two pepper plants that were not in the way.
Left side, Fish tank (IBC) will be in the left rear corner.
Corner where the IBC will be.
From the rear
  I have the frame level now, So you can see how much I will have to fill. I think I might go with the cinder block or the decorative blocks for retaining walls to fill the down hill side. Really don't think I will have to bring any more soil in . When I dig the IBC in (about 20 inches deep) that soil should be enough to level the floor before the gravel goes down. So that is where the Green house project is at this point.
Now for just some random pics around the garden and Aquaponics system. It is running good , plenty of peppers even the okra is producing.

So enjoy The Slide Show !!

(Slideshow at the bottom of this blog page)http://newwavegardeningexperiment.wordpress.com/
OK  time to get back to work . More Pics to come as the work progresses. until then have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment