Friday, June 17, 2011

Reel seat

OK now for the next installment. Today I put the reel seat on the rod along with the but cap. On after thought I think I should have already reamed out the cork handle , so that I could put the whole handle assembly on the rod together. But I didn't so I will do this way. Have quite a bit to ream out on the handle ,esp. at the reel seat end where it cover the front of the seat.

Tools of the trade

Pro Bond all blended together ready to apply.

Reel Seat arbor all gooped up. I really work it into the fiber glass drywall tape.
This will make a very solid connection between blank and real seat. Billy Vivona tells me this may not be as good as I think. By wrapping the tape and then applying epoxy , the epoxy might not get all the way to the blank and the seat my spin later. Like I said I did work it in all the hole and between the two arbors, I so I hope it got enough in to hold.  But  thank you Billy for the advice , have to see how this comes out. On the next one I might apply the epoxy as I wrap the tape .

Thread on the reel seat taped up to keep the goop off of them.


Reel seat installed the end cap is taped on with several layer to keep it in place. 


















Ok well that does it for the reel seat, just have to let it set while the epoxy cures. I will start to ream the handle in a little while.


Work station a little cluttered but I know where everything is.....Yeah right!














Of course can't for get te important stuff. Got to have my Dr.

Denatured Alcohol for clean up of any goop that I got sloppy with.








































I am Puppy sitting for my Daughter. His name is Lt Aldo Raine (yes from the movie).He is really cute and has a lot more energy than my older dogs. They are not real happy with him being here .But at least no body has tried to eat anyone else yet.

He is an American / British Bulldog . Basically a big dumb strong olf. But you got to love him ,he is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment