Thursday, March 24, 2011

More Shad Flies Today

Decided that I didn't have enough flies for the trip to the river tomorrow. So I got busy at the vice for awhile today . From what I have seen of the shad darts and other lures used for Shad, I belive what I have come up with will work pretty good. I have tied two basic patterns in multiple colors. Most are of the florescent varieties.So without further ado here they are:

Heres a few of each one. These are called the Mighty Mighty Speed Dart. 

Originally tied for bone fish and permit on the flats of Florida


I am sure that they will work on the Shad tomorrow.

But not only Shad but also Crappie, Bass, Red fish, Speckled Trout

And False Albacore, cant wait to try them out. If they catch good tomorrow
I will be tying these at the Fly-Tie-A-Thon the 30 th of next month at the
John E. Pechmann Fishing Education Center for the March Of Dimes.
See the post below the the other Pattern and the post below that for information
on the Fly-Tie-A-Thon. Also if you are inclined to you can help sponsor me at the event.
Just follow this link to the  March of Dimes ,http://www.marchforbabies.org/EddieMathis no gift is to small or to large what ever you decide is right in your heart.
Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment